Monday, October 7, 2013

The greatest the game has ever seen?





  Peyton Manning.  Watching what this man has done already this season is unreal.  I have never seen anything like him from the Quarterback position.  Through 5 games he has 20 TD pass and 1 INT!  His QB rating is 92.0 and he is completing and unbelievable 75.8% of his passes.  The man is amazing!  He is on pace to reclaim the single season touchdown record.  As great as all of the stats are, the thing I enjoy the most about watching Peyton play is his command of the offense.  To watch him stand there take a look at the defense, get a read, run a hard count, watch for a tell and the change the play and have success is incredible.  He seems as if he is playing a game with the defense.  There are times, I swear I can see a bit of a smirk on his face because he knows what the defense is going to do and already has his counter in mind.  The question I have, is he the greatest Quarterback ever?  In all my years of watching football I can't remember ever seeing anything like this.  I was a huge fan of the '85 Bears, loved Mcmahon.  Thought he was the best.  Loved the Joe Montana/Steve Young years with the 49ers.  But none of them ever had the mastery Peyton does today.  Now many are going to argue, he has only one Super Bowl.  For me championship just add to a legacy.  Barkley, Stockton, Malone all great players never got their rings.  Same thing can be said for LaDainian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders....the lists could go on and on.  If he get another ring or two, I don't see any way he is not the greatest of all time.  As a fan I will enjoy this year with Mr.Manning and how ever many he has left in him.  I will enjoy the precision and greatness he brings to the field.  Because we may not have that many left of the one that I would call the Greatest!  Good luck Peyton and the Broncos!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr Sanchez is easily the best quarter back ever! haha BUTTFUMBLE!