The Jazz fall to the Oklahoma City Thunder 101-98. The Jazz were in this game despite 22 turnover and 42 pts from Kevin Durrant. Here are a few thoughts on a hard fought game.
- Rudy Gobert is really going to push Kanter and will actually make both of them better.
- Derrick Favors is playing much better with the contract situation behind him.
- Defensive rotations were really good tonight.
- The Jazz moved the ball really well in the first half. Finished the game with 25 assists
- Favors and Kanter did not rebound well tonight despite the #'s. The 2nd half was better.
- Kanter needs to be more assertive in every aspect of his game. Needs to use his NASTY!
- Despite the 22 turnovers and the 2nd best player in the league getting 42 the Jazz were right there.
- Ty made a great situational coaching call with the Jazz down 2 with 40 seconds left, called a time out and set up a play. Unfortunately Durrant got a hand on it and forced a turnover. This is something Ty did not do well last season. Its good to see progression from him and the staff. His one mistake was taking Alec Burks out with about 7 minutes left. But Alec did look gassed.
- Mike Harris may have sealed his own deal for the year with his all-around play.
- Everyone play better with rhythm, but this more important for Alec. He will be a far better shooter overall when he gets rhythm.
- Could the contract situation be weighing on Gordon? I think so.....
- Foul trouble killed the wings, we really need Rush and Williams soon.
- Lastly, Jazz did lose but Philly won.....so I guess that is like a win for the Jazz and the race for #1
The game was a great game to watch. Guys battled all the way. I am not sure if I can handle 81 more close games! Luckly they won't all be nail bitters but I think the Jazz will be in a lot more of those then people think. Go Jazz!!!