This was not the prettiest game you will ever see but the Jazz battled. Phoenix just imposed their will a bit more in the 2nd half. Here is some thoughts from the game...
- Hayward had a great first half. 11 pts in the first quarter. Struggled in the 2nd half but hit a huge 3 to tie the game.
- Bledsoe hits the shot you want him to take at the end of the game.
- Defense in the first quarter was not good. Phoenix scored 29 pts. Second quarter was much better.
- Kanter and Favors were monsters inside. Kanter had 10 offensive rebounds.
- Alec Burks played in rhythm and had another big second half.
- Gordon was great on the boards tonight. The kind of effort that he needs every night to get the contract that he feels he deserves.
- Offensively the Jazz moved the ball really well again. 20 assists as a team.
- Gordon also had the defensive play of the game with a huge block on a PJ Tucker dunk attempt.
- The Jazz really miss Trey. The point guard situation is costing the Jazz games.
- Jazz have lost the first 2 games by a total of 6 points.
- Turnovers and Free throws are killing this team. 20 TO and 17-27 FT for 63%
- There was no bench for the Jazz other than Alec.
- Jazz summer camper Dionte Christmas gave Phoenix a real spark. Jazz weren't ready to match his effort. Had 9 pts off the bench.
- Jazz had only 3 steals and 1 block, Suns 10 steals and 10 blocks
- Miles Plumlee has really bad hair.
Not sure what can be taken from this game. The positives have to be the bigs played well and dominated the way they should have inside. The Jazz did not exploit the size mismatch in the back court with Hayward and Jefferson. Not sure if you put that one on Ty and the staff or if the Jazz just chose not to go that route. Hayward was good on the boards but did disappear in the 2nd half. Think this loss hurts even more than opening night. Now the have to turn around and play the Rockets and Dwight Howard tomorrow night.