The Utah Jazz fell to the Golden State Warriors 88-102. The Jazz had no answer for Steph Curry or Klay Thompson. The Jazz's Derrick Favors had another really nice game. The Jazz as a team, were killed on the boards, out rebounded 42-32. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a recap out for the game so this will be a bit of a hybrid post.....look at a few of the things from Saturday's game and somethings to build on for tonight's match-up....
- Love the way Favors has been starting games. Very aggressive and getting shots within the context of the offense.
- I hate the sleeved jerseys. That is not a good look....PERIOD.
- Ty had a really short leash, specifically on Burks and Kanter.
- If you can't stop penetration, you will not beat anyone, let alone the Warriors.
- Jazz need to be more physical. If they are going to take fouls, make sure the other team feels it.
- Gordon's 5-23 effort really affected him early in Golden State.
- Diante Garrett is learning what its like to play in the NBA every night....nerves got the best of him the last 2 games.
- Warriors are the epitome of tanking....ruined it for the rest of us....
- Kanter relies on his jumper too much....needs to get back in the post and use those post moves....
- Gordon Hayward has been over dribbling. I understand a "search dribble" but his is without a purpose.
- Tonight the Jazz need to "hedge" better on the pick and roll. Can't just let Curry get to where he wants to every time.
- The Jazz must TEAM REBOUND tonight. Gordon Hayward MUST get more than 2 rebounds.
- Ty needs to stick to his rotations. He can't have such a short leash on two of the main cogs, in Burks and Kanter. This really rattles this young team and they need to battle through it early in the season.
- Jazz did get to the line 16 times....need that effort plus some.
- DRAW and KICK.....This will help the Jazz get better shots....they have to be aggressive and attack.
- I would like to see more plays in the post from both Favors and Kanter.
Really could have been a "copy and paste" job for tonight's game as far as a preview goes. This one boils down to effort. Being at home, not a back to back and the crowd behind this team gives the Jazz a shot. GO JAZZ!